2 Mayıs 2020 Cumartesi

Thoughts and Prayers

Dear St Paul Stake -
During this time of historic changes, I have found myself reflecting on the various circumstances that each of you are facing.  I know that some of you are are without work or income, some of you are worried about your personal health, some of you feel totally disconnected from the world, some of you are worried about what is next, some of you are facing serious health challenges and many of you are facing things that I cannot imagine.
This can be a difficult time to find the positive.  With that idea in mind, my wife's family was able to look back on her Great-Great Grandfather's journal from when the world was facing a similar pandemic in 1918.  Attached is a photo copy of a transcription of his journal but I will share some specifics here:

  • October 1918 : A gloomy feeling has come over the city ... several have been caught of the plague called Spanish Influenza
  • Oct 17 : Our son-in-law ... died from the plague, leaving our daughter ... a widow with one child.
  • Oct 20 : All meeting houses, temples, tabernacles, and show houses were all closed, even the schools.

I find it very interesting how similar these journal entries are reflective of our current situation.  Actually, I found this similarities to bring some comfort.  Even though our current situation is historic - it is not unprecedented.  This has happened before.  Our ancestors faced a similar time.
I also reflect on the preparation that we as a church have received over the past few years.  The changes to ministering and 'home centered, church supported worship' allowed us a short time to practice home centered worship before we were required to be home.
I don't know when the pandemic will pass and I don't know when these restrictions will be lifted but I do know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and we can find peace in Him.  I know that Jesus Christ is at the head of the Church and leading us today.  
Until we can be together again, know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
With love,
David Pattberg



You received this email because you made your email address available to your local Church leaders. It was sent by David Pattberg, whose calling is Stake President.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder