23 Mayıs 2018 Çarşamba

[gardiner] [gardiner] [gardiner] YSA - Wes Briggs - Caring Bridge Journal Entry from the Briggs family - May 23, 2018

Caring Bridge Journal entry by Teresa Briggs — 2 hours ago  << We are heartbroken today because our sweet, kind, goofy, loveable, super strong Wesley passed away yesterday afternoon.  He was surrounded by so many who loved him beyond measure, including his constant companion Samson. Thank you all for your loving, prayers, words, gestures and thoughts this last week.  Your kindness has been a gift to those who love him so dearly.  The amount of love and kindness that has been so readily shared with this family is a comfort that is so needed at this time.  A memorial service is being planned for this coming Saturday in Lakeville, MN. Details will be posted later today.>> 

May 23, 2018 
RE: YSA - Caring Bridge Journal Entry from the Briggs family - May 23, 2018 
Greetings all, 

The Briggs family has announced the passing of our friend Wes.  We shall miss him dearly.  Thanks to all who have prayed and fasted for Wes and for his dear family.  As the family kindly noted <<Thank you all for your loving, prayers, words, gestures and thoughts this last week.  Your kindness has been a gift to those who love him so dearly.  The amount of love and kindness that has been so readily shared with this family is a comfort that is so needed at this time.>>

We are reminded at such times of the peace and comfort that comes as we remember that our loved ones are truly safe in the Lord's care and with beloved ancestors. As President Thomas S. Monson taught:  

"Not long ago I held the thin hand of a youth as he approached the brink of eternity. "I know I am dying," he said touchingly. "What follows death?"  God has not forsaken you... He sent his Only Begotten Son into the world to teach us by example the life we should live. His Son died upon the cross to redeem all mankind. His words to the grieving Martha and to His disciples today bring comfort to you: "I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die" (John 11:25–26). "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. … I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also" (John 14:2–3) Paul declared: "As in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive" (1 Cor. 15:22). See, Thomas S. Monson, "Mrs. Patton, Arthur Lives," New Era, Apr. 1991, 4."

The scriptures bring real and abiding comfort at such times as we read:  And it shall come to pass that those that die in me shall not taste of death, for it shall be sweet unto them.  D&C 42: 46 

As we continue to pray for Wes today on this next step of his eternal journey,  I leave you with a favorite instruction by Brigham Young.   "When we pass into death, we will say why this is the greatest advantage of my whole existence, for I have passed from a state of sorrow, grief, mourning, woe, misery, pain, anguish, and disappointment into a state of existence where I can enjoy life to the fullest extent as far as that can be done without a body. My spirit is set free, I thirst no more, I want to sleep no more, I hunger no more, I tire no more, I run, I walk, I labor, I go, I come, I do this, do that whatever is required of me nothing like pain or weariness, I am full of life full of vigor, and I enjoy the blessings of my Heavenly Father, by the power of His Spirit." - Brigham Young.  (1, 9) See, Jay A. Parry and Donald W. Parry, Understanding Death and the Resurrection, Deseret Book, Salt Lake City, 2003, pg. 13.

We will send updates on the schedule for viewing and funeral services for Wes. We pray that our hearts and prayers will continue to be with Wes and his family at this time. 

Love and blessings of peace to you all, 
YSA Bloomington Branch Presidency 




--
5/23/2018 12:37:00 ÖS tarihinde gardiner tarafından gardiner adresine gönderildi

--
5/23/2018 12:38:00 ÖS tarihinde gardiner tarafından gardiner adresine gönderildi

--
5/23/2018 12:38:00 ÖS tarihinde gardiner tarafından gardiner adresine gönderildi

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder